Version 2.2.1 of the GeoNames Ontology has been released. Navigation within the administrative hierarchy has been made easier with the addition of the GeoNames URIs for the parentCountry and the parentADM(1-4) divisions. The proprietary names are now subproperties of the standard rdfs:label and skos:altLabel.
The properties ‘nearby’ and ‘neighbour’ have been implemented inline within the feature document for the Premium Data Subscription.
- add and use ‘gn’ namespace gn=”http://www.geonames.org/ontology#” for GeoNames Ontology properties
- add namespace rdfs=”http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#”
- add new property rdfs:isDefinedBy
- change proprietary property gn:name to be subproperty of rdfs:label
- change proprietary property gn:alternateName to be subproperty of skos:altLabel
- new gn:officialName for alternate names with ‘isPreferred’ flag
- new gn:shortName for alternate names with ‘isShort’ flag
- new parentCountry
- new parentADM(1-4)
- implemented ‘nearby’ (within the document, only available with the Premium Data Subscription)
- implemented ‘neighbour’ (within the document, only available with the Premium Data Subscription)
7. Oct Update: The current version is 2.2.1 and fixes some issues with name properties in v2.2. Version 2.2 is deprecated.