The GeoNames web service client for java has been released in version 1.0. The release includes the following changes and additions :
- implemented children and neighbours service
- throw exception if a field is accessed that has not been set due to insufficient style parameter
- add adminname1 and adminname2 to Toponym
- fixed a couple of minor bugs
- added and improved documentation
- support for username and token for authentication
- client failover to alternative server if the main server is not accessible. The failover server will be used for some minutes before the client will automatically try to switch back to the main server. This is a simple and efficient approach to achieve high availability for an application.